Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Jabbed, Tears, and possibly a Pass
I don't know how a day can go from being a total disaster to be the best day. On my first quad of my class 2 patient I stuck myself with my instrument when it slipped and I grasped it. I can't believe that I did it. Just an FYI...if you have instrument that is slipping in your hands, just let it go. At the clinic they have plenty of instruments to use that you can borrow one of theirs to use. Luckily, I had a great patient that was great to work with and was so nice to me. He really helped me out and was very understanding. I couldn't have asked for a better class 2 patient. I really don't know how fast I got him done but I was able to clean his teeth with only 2 miss spots. I think that I passed everything off but I don't know. Hopefully, I will know tomorrow. I am so happy to have a break from this. I am so happy for summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Megan, you underestimate yourself! You are a great clinitian already and I admire your patience. I need some of that since I feel like every time CLinic is over I have the biggest headache. To confort you I have had 1 instrument slipp off my hands and luckily hit the floor and not my patient. Also, I couldn't remember how to even develop ScanX or even spell it my first day back but...believe it or not it all comes back and hopefully we will soon build up lots more skills at intrumentation and Injections?? How scary!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Love your main picture of you and Jenny :)
Megan, you are so cute! I love your blog. I think you need to teach me how to make mine this cute. I'm glad you got your patient done and it turned out to be a good day! Are you excited to be my partner for local anesthesia tommorow, because I'm pretty excited. You are a great hygienist and always give 100%. I hope the rest of this year goes great for you!
ReplyDelete