I want to put today behind me. I cannot believe that i can get so flustered so quickly. I felt like everything I was doing just ended up being wrong and of course someone had to observe me today, really?
This morning was crazy. I had my very first Spanish speaking patient. Luckily she knew more English than i thought but I really do not know how much she really understood from me. I really talked to her about OHI and periodontal disease but from the look she was giving me, she didn't understand anything that I was saying. My patient ended up a class II patient with some sweet board calculus. I was kind of excited to save her for Mockboards. I checked her lower right quad and it has a beautiful amount of calculus for me to use for mockboards. It took me for forever to get x-rays, OD, and waiting for an 1 quad scale check and just finished 1 quad. Grrrr Arrrrrrg. I wish that I could get a class II done with x-rays in 1 appointment. I cannot believe I couldn't get it done today. Then I found out the dentist wants to pull 2 teeth from the lower right quad because my patient is having pain and there was considerable mobility with the teeth. This is my life when it comes to dental hygiene. Oh, and then I used my patient as my Eagle Soft patient and all of my notes disappeared. Gone, adios, au revior, sayounara. It took me forever to do and I had the privilege of being able to do it again. Remember to hit "done" instead of "save as" when adding notes in Eagle Soft. I don't think that I will forget that for next semester.
My afternoon patient was my wonderful husband. I am grateful because I was able to clean his teeth, do x-rays, and do the nasty caries risk PE on him plus 2 other lame PE's. Where it went bad is the diagnodent really didn't work, I had to do the caries risk assessment PE, and I had a buttload of paperwork to finish. (by the way, buttload is a measurement. It is 126 gallons.) That is how much paperwork I felt like I had. I didn't get out until 5 and only had 5 minute lunch. I am just grateful that I do not have to do this again until next Thursday. Hopefully, I can get more PE's done next Thursday. I still have 26 PE's to do.
Thank you to everyone that stayed around today and helped me with cleaning my unit, helping me with my PE's, and helping me with Eagle Soft. I think that I would have left school and not returned if it wasn't for all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Meg Jurk! You are amazing and you need to not be so hard on your self. I'm sorry you had a rough day. :( You are doing great though. I'm sure we've all had crappy days like that too so you're not alone.
ReplyDelete