I am happy to have my first Mockboard done but sad that it didn't go well. I wasn't going to get nervous or mad but I am sad that it didn't go better. I only missed 5 spots but I didn't do well on my probing, occlusion classification, and out of the 5 spots missed 3 spots were supragingival calculus. I hate that I had more supra calculus than subgingival calculus. That should not have happened. Dr. Hanson said that she didn't think that I was able to get that calculus off and was really suprised that I did so well. It sounds bad but I took it as a compliment. My patient had enough calculus on just 3 teeth, so Dr. Hanson only tested me on 4 teeth. I did realize that I need to focus on the mesials of all teeth. I don't know why I struggle with mesials but I do. I am really going to work on my lateral pressure and hope that I can do better next time.
I am definitely not going to wait to do x-rays the day of boards. I could not believe that I was a few minutes late because I couldn't get the PA on time. That was the most stressful thing and it didn't get any better. I barely got my patient done before the end time and really need to improve on getting my patient done at least 15 minutes early to feel comfortable. I didn't know if the clock by me would say the same thing as the one at the front desk. Thank you Kathy for the mockboard patient and helping me at least get a 62% on it. Next mockboard is in January and I am hoping for a similar patient. 3 months.....yes I am counting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh Megan, its ok. I got a 65%! I am realizing that I need to ADAPT MORE MORE...MOOOOORE!! I thought I was adapting enough but that is my biggest problem. Thats why I missed 5 spots on my mockboard. Talk about stressful. I really hope we both pass our next one in January...or I might cry. These past few weeks I have learned more then I ever did in first year though, so hopefully this is promising and hopefully you feel the same way! :)
ReplyDelete