Wednesday, August 26, 2009
I think I can...I think I can
I have to say that I think that Clinicals just might be the class that gets better and better every day. Today we were able to turn on the suction, spray some water, and almost feel like a dental hygienist. We were not working on a live patient but I really enjoyed busting out the typodont and not having a flailing tongue to have to worry about made it a plus. I really want to get more comfortable with a few things before I add a live patient to the mix, however, I cannot wait until we will be able to work on a live patient. We also learned about exposure control and I think that was the most insightful discussion. I really think that I might become a germaphobe through all of this. My poor husband will probably get sick of me telling him that he needs to wash his hands longer. Right now because exposure control is something that wasn't pushed to this level at the office that I worked in, I am really going to have to think about things before doing it. I really hope that I can catch on quickly and not worry about how many masks and gloves I have thrown away in a day. Also, we were given two new PE's to work on. PPE and exposure control to go along with the Eaglesoft. I really hope that I can get these down and keep up with all of them. I would really hate to get behind in the very begining. This is going to be a great journey and I really hope that I can make the best of it and learn the most from it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment