Yesterday was the first day of mock patient day and it was a great day. I didn't poke anyone in the gums and didn't make anyone cry. I had a really stress free day but then again I can't really do that when I am the patient. I have to say that Karlie did a really good job. She wasn't 100% confident in herself but she didn't stress herself out. She was gentle and amazingly fast. I was feeling completely jealous at her skills. Tomorrow is my first experience with mock patient day and I hope that I can do as good of a job as Karlie. I need to remember to pay attention to my instruments so that I don't stab her lips, cheeks, and other body parts. I need to also remember that I am not perfect at it yet and that I will make mistakes but I need to grow from those mistakes. I really hope that I don't get lost with everything and that I can get things done quickly and proficiently. It is really difficult to follow after Karlie but I really tried to grasp what she did and hopefully I can be as good. My goal for tomorrow is to really get more comfortable with scaling and with the ultrasonic. These are two skills that I really don't know what I am doing and hope that I will be able to ask questions so that I can get better at them. We'll see what will happen. Hopefully Karlie will talk to me after tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment