Wednesday, November 25, 2009
3.5 hr patient day and didn't clean teeth
First real patient day and it was definitely a long day. I really thought that I was prepared and that it was going to be a smooth day. I also thought that I could get to scaling and cleaning Adam's teeth but I barely got to disclosing Adam and telling him that he needs to floss more. I got slowed down with probing and also with x-rays. Unfortunately, I was not able to open up Adam's premolar and canine and had to take two supplementals. During the Christmas break I am going to work on probing on my typodont because my biggest problem with probing is my indirect vision. The nice thing is that when Adam comes back I don't have to take his vitals, probe, and do his health history again. I should be able to scale all of his teeth in 3 hours....hopefully. It was definitely a long difficult day but hopefully i can remember everything that I did and just try to make it better. I need to really remember to educate my patient. I didn't do a very good job on OHI but I will try and go over that with Adam when he comes back. It was really nice to show Adam why it was going to be a 3 hour visit. Now it is going to be a 6 hour visit, but I don't know if I am going to find 12 people who are going to want to go through that. I need a miracle to help me find more patients.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment