Thursday, November 11, 2010

bilateral leukoplakic lesion and Nitrous PE done

I have to say that today was one of the most interesting days I have ever had.  The one piece of advice that I would give to everyone is do not pass off PE's with Prof. Perry especially when you have a first year watching you.  It is the most embarrassing and difficult moment in my life.  I have realized that my mind doesn't think under pressure and I somehow just give up.  At one moment, I was hoping that Prof. Perry would stop quizzing me but he would just get even crazier with the questions.  The other thing that happened that was interesting was the two leukoplakic lesions that I found on the floor of my patient's mouth.  One was 12x12 mm and the other was 12x8 mm.  I never thought that I would see something like that.  My poor patient has already had a biopsy done on her tongue but not in the same area.  I don't think that she really understood the seriousness of the whole situation. I tried calling her after to let her know that I really think that she needs to see a oral surgeon but I don't think that she will listen to me.  I really hope that is benign.  Poor thing really wants to try and take care of her teeth but she really doesn't understand what smoking 1 pack of cigarettes is doing to her mouth and her health.

No comments:

Post a Comment