Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Much to learn young grasshopper

So that is what burnished calculus feels like.  oh, I really hope that I do not burnish calculus on my board patient because I did a really good job of that today.  So, in my board plan....files.....files.....files...... These are going to be my best friend.  I am going to use my files on every little piece of calculus and ultrasonic for an hour. I cannot believe that I missed so many spots today.  I felt like I was in first year again and I was learning how to remove calculus all over again. Seriously, that is a nightmare. 
I also learned a little more about my curved gracey's.  Luckily, someone still passed off my PE for me but seriously, the curved gracey's can be used on any surface of a tooth.  You just need to adapt it and you are fine. 
The other thing that I learned and I am going to work on is holding the saliva ejector in my hand with the prophy paste and the prophy in another hand to selective polish.   I am sure that there are many that can do this but selective polishing with the rubber cup is one of the most awkward thing for me to do.  I am clumsy as it is but it might help with the saliva flying every where.  I just hate having to rinse after every quad.  It is a waste of time.  So this is something that I am going to start doing on every patient.  I think that it might speed things up for me.  I am still really slow and wondering how I am going to see a patient in 1 hour when I get into private practice.  I hope that I have really easy 1B patients in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment