Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm mine own worst critic

Yesterday was a really rough day for me. It seemed like nothing was going right but how could things go right when I was so uptight and didn't let myself think. In clinic today we learned how to probe, but I limited how much I learned by freaking out and not letting myself just try. I need to remember that it is my first day and I will never be perfect or even the best on my first day. I don't have the experience as others in my class with working with little instruments and my reflection in the mirror. I really just need to relax and just have fun. Of course, I need to take something from the day and work on it. I brought my typodont home just to get more comfortable with the angles but I really have a hard time finding the col on a person and getting back on the back molars. It is something that I am just going to have to practice but not let it get to me or break me down. My mom explained to me that I am my own worst critic and I have always been this way but I need to change that about myself or I won't be able to get the most of school. It is hard to hear things like that but I am really going to try to keep that in mind for now on and work on it. I also need to not worry about hurting my poor pod partner. I am grateful for a patient pod partner like Jenny. I don't think anyone else would be as wonderful of a pod partner with me working on their teeth.

My goal from this experience is to not worry anymore because it only hinders me and my opportunity to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment