Today we learned about Operator and Patient positioning and my goal is to be able to get comfortable with the positions and making sure that I position myself in a way that I will not be able to put stress on my body. My plan is to practice the positions with the TA's. Shaylee, the TA on Wednesday, explained to me the importance of making sure I have my tooth numbering system down and being able to go right into position once I know what tooth to work on. I believe that this practice will help me get used to the positions. I also need to remember to fix my posture outside of clinicals so that when I am working with a patient I am already used to sitting up straight. This is something that I need to be more conscientious about while I am in my other classes and while I am home.
We also learned about how to do the health history forms. I think that I am really going to struggle with this and making sure that I am doing it correctly. I hope that we get a lot of practice before we bring in patients. I am really going to study the information in the clinic manual until I feel really comfortable with the procedures.
I really enjoyed everything that I learned today and I am really excited that I passed off two PE's. I have been able to learn so much this week and I have felt that this week was a lot less nerve-racking than the week before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment