Monday, January 25, 2010

Goals for Session:
1. Complete OD, OHI, Full mouth Scale, RC/TB, and Fluoride tx.
2. Complete OD in 35 min.
3. Maintain Adaption
4. Use other scalers and get familiar with more than just Barnhart and SN135

Session Review: Another Patient done but it took me way past when I was supposed to be complete. I learned so much today that I wasn't prepared for. I was forced to use my ultrasonic which I really hate using and I learned that I should start on the mandibular teeth and then work on the maxillary. Actually I promised Instructor Vining that I would always work on Mandibular first because it is usually the hardest and the maxillary teeth can be completed quickly. He really helped me work on using my ultrasonic, especially around areas that are bleeding while I scaled and especially on crowns. I am going to have to give up my hatred towards the ultrasonic and force it to be my best friend. I really did help with removing some of the debris that I couldn't get with my hand scaler. Also, I learned that I can't be so negative about myself. I need to learn to be confident and make it so nobody knows that it is my first year. It is my goal for my next few appointments. I need to not say "I'm sorry", "I am horrible at this", "I can't work with that ultrasonic", and the list goes on. I also will make it a goal next time to use my ultrasonic just to get used to it and continue working on adapting with my instruments. I was successful on some teeth to keep my instrument adapted but sometimes I just couldn't see and took it off the tooth. I need to remember that I can have my patient move their head to help me see.

No comments:

Post a Comment