Monday, January 11, 2010

I am feeling scared for this semester

Goals for session:
1. Complete FMX, OD, and OHI in one session. Must be quick and precise with x-rays.
2. Limit my retakes to 3

Session Review: I struggled with my patient today. I was only able to complete the x-rays. I took a FMX and struggled through the whole thing. I thought that I was getting though them quickly but ran into some issues. The scan-x film where not completely sealed and created some issues for me. Need to remember before I seat the patient in to check and make sure all of the Scan-x films are completely sealed. I also had to take 7 retakes which I was unhappy with myself about. I did not fail but it is difficult to have that many mistakes. Instructor Vining gave me some good tips about placing my x-rays and where to stand when I do it so that I can see better in the patients mouth. Luckily, I had a patient that was great to work with and was okay with getting several x-rays taken. If I continue to go so slowly and not get much done in a day I might have some difficulties toward the end of the semester. I really need to get more organized and really do a better job of using my time wisely. Instructor Vining also gave me good advice on what I should get done before my patient arrives to speed me up. Hopefully, in the next few visits I will be able to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment