Goals for Session:
1. Complete two quads with few missed areas
2. Get familiar with the Gracey's
3. Maintain Adaption
Session Review:
Today I learned that I was causing tissue trauma with my instruments because I had the wrong idea about maintaining adaption. I can't believe that with the explorer I was pulling the gingiva from the tooth and causing tissue trauma all this time. I love Wednesdays and being able to have more one on one time with the instructors. I like learning from the TA's but I really liked working with Professor Hanson and Instructor Hafen. Professor Hanson showed me how to insert my instruments to clean the teeth and really helped me figure out how much lateral pressure I need to insert to get calculus off. All I know is that I need to get more hand strength because some of that calculus was very difficult. She also showed me some extraoral fulcruming that I can use to help with difficult areas to reach. Instructor Hafen showed me how to use my ultrasonic scaler in deep pockets. I learned that sometimes you have to use a different angle. I just hope that I can remember the things that they have taught me so that I can use it to improve how I clean teeth. I was really excited today to use my Gracey's for the first time. They are really nice to use once you realize how to use them. I really like how easy they are to use and it is amazing how much plaque they pick up out of 9 mm pockets. Hopefully next week I can pass off some PE's that have to do with the Gracey's after the experience I had today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment