Wednesday, February 10, 2010
One day I might be a dental hygienist??
This was the most frustrating day I have ever had. I can't believe I only got one quad done. It was a class III quad, but still I was hoping to be able to get the last two quads done like I did previously. I couldn't believe how tenacious the calculus was and it was not easy to determine. It felt like tooth structure. I knew it was there because it was on the x-ray but I thought that it was going to be easier than it was. I think the reason I wasn't able to get both quads clean was because I didn't begin scaling with the ultrasonic. I think that it would have removed more off it I would have used that first. I also think that it would help if my patient would have been numbed but he refused anesthesia so I was afraid to use too much pressure because it would hurt him. I really wished that I could distinguish between tooth structure, calculus, tooth abnormalities, etc. I also wish that I could have had more one-on-one time with the instruments to make sure that I am using them correctly. I think that it would have helped me more. I guess I will have to complete my patient in two weeks and hopefully I can get him completed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment