Monday, February 1, 2010

Goals for Session:
1. Complete patient in one session, excluding x-rays because patient refuses them
2. Work on adaption

Session Review:
I have never wanted to cry as much as I did after this experience. I felt like I didn't know what I was doing and the worst part was that I thought it would be better since I didn't know my patient but it just made it worst. I am happy that it is over and I just hope that I passed. I finally had a patient completed in one appointment but I had the most missed areas than my other patients. I need to remember that I am trying to get plaque off and calculus. Plaque is just as bad as calculus and it likes to hide in the embrasures and can be 3mm down if there is a 3mm pocket. I also was told to work on my mandibular teeth and then move to the maxillary teeth. The mandibular linguals are more difficult than maxillary so I need to use my strength on the mandibular linguals. My adaption is still not very good and I feel like I still don't use my instruments correctly. I really wish that I could have an instructor with me to tell me what I am doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment