Monday, February 22, 2010

First Kid patient, what do I do?

I think that this was one of the most confusing and challenging days because I did not know what to expect. I think that children are the most difficult to have to work on because they want to move all the time and their tongues want to be in the most difficult places and the worst time. I really liked some of the things that Instructor Caldwell was doing when we were trying to take my patients x-rays. She told my patient to breathe through her nose to help with gagging and to look up toward the ceiling so that we could get the film in her mouth. She also made it fun for her by saying things like the tube was going to kiss her on the cheek and that he vest was a superhero blanket so that my patient could be a superhero. She made it fun for my patient. I learned that kids will let you know if they don't like the polish paste and spitting is whenever they want and you just have to be ready. I definitely need to work with more kids so that it becomes more natural for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment