Saturday, March 26, 2011
I just might throw up
So I brought in my board patient. There are definitely 3 missed areas. That is why I just might throw up. Where might I have missed these beautiful calculus spots? This is the big kicker....Mesial of 25, Mesial of 27, Distal of 26. Yes, I do feel like a huge failure. Why? Because I know I had tissue trauma. I am sure that they saw the tissue trauma and failed me right on the spot but to know that I missed on the anterior teeth, really? Who does that? Usually people miss on the molars or premolars. Not me...I like to make things more interesting for myself and totally screw up on what is supposed to be the easiest part to clean on teeth. Yes, I used my ultrasonic and yes, I scaled there. I think the thing that made it bad for me is that my patient was bleeding so much that I really couldn't see or feel what I was doing. I remember slipping off of her teeth and struggling so much but I really didn't think that I missed that many spots. I am just hoping that WREB will know that it was difficult with the amount of bleeding and will be somewhat nice. (that was a joke). I definitely need a miracle and won't be suprised when I am told that I have to take it again.....but not until I do 40 hours of remediation. So, today wasn't one of my most favorite days. It was difficult cleaning her after feeling like a complete failure. I really struggled on this patient and really hate cleaning class II patients. I would much rather clean a IV or III. Dr. Hanson told me that today my performance was a B. Not good when you are about to graduate. Doctors don't want to hire a B performer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment