After today, I am not sure that I am ready to be on my own. What if I miss calculus or who do I talk to if I have questions? I have millions of stupid questions and I am not going to feel comfortable asking the doctor. The doctor will know that I am not ready to be away from school. "Fake it till you make it" sounds really good but I am unsure if I will be able to fake it. I just hope that I work for an awesome dentist who will be more than happy to listen to my dumb questions.
The other issue I have about being in a dental office is can I get things done in 45 minutes. There are so many things that you have to do especially if they are a new patient. I really struggle with x-rays and this slows me down a lot. I try to be fast but it just undoubtedly slows me down even more. I can be fast at probing but writing them down is another story. I hope that I have an assistant that rocks at x-rays and is really good at writing down what I tell him/her.
I had a really good day. As of today, I only need 7 more conventional PA's and 1 conventional Pano and I am done. I have no other requirements to do. It feels amazing, especially, after last year when I had to pass off 5 PE's on the last day. I cleaned a very difficult class 5 patient with 7mm of recession on the anterior lingual teeth and severe crowding. Then this afternoon, I had two of my bestest friends come in and I cleaned their teeth. I felt so bad that it took so long but they were out after 2.25 hours. Not too bad. I need to speed it up just a little more. I am sure that it didn't help that I choose to do conventional x-rays. That slows me down ever since they put the view boxes on the x-ray machines. I much prefer a dark room. I think that I had better vision with the dark room.
Well 2 more Weber clinics left and 1 VA day left....It is amazing to be able to see an end. I thought it would never come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment