Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dental Screening

I really enjoyed today and learning about dental screening. However, I don't know if I will remember all of the symbols we have to use and what color of pencil I am supposed to use. I really enjoyed going over the teeth and looking at what a sealant looks like, possible carious lesion (you can tell a lot when I am using the word carious lesion instead of cavity), and the different restorations. I am really amazed at what we have to do for a patient. It is amazing how much we cover on a patient. I think that I would know more about my patient than I do about my husband after I worked on my patient. Health histories, intra/extra oral exams, dental screenings, and it just keeps going on. with dental screenings, I think that best way for me to practice that is just going to take me doing it and really trying to grasp what I need to do on my case study.

Happily, I did pass off another PE. It was the instrument classification and it went a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Next week, I really need to focus on trying to get ahead of the due dates and really making sure that I have grasped everything. I really don't think that I could pass off the anterior scaling PE yet but hopefully after a week of practicing on my typodont I will feel a little more confident in myself. I am really grateful to hear that next week will be mainly a practice week. I think that I need to get as much practice as possible before I start working on others and it probably needed to come earlier but I will take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment