Monday, March 8, 2010
Who knew a tongue could be so strong?
I really thought that I could get two kids done today and that it would be a piece of cake. I set a goal to have their x-rays done in 10 min., OD in 10 min, cleaning in 10 min, sealants in 25 min, and OHI in 5 min. I had everything ready for both kids and I felt like I knew what I was doing. Instead it took me 45 min. to get a x-ray in my patient's mouth to finally stay, 15 min for OD because he kept flipping on his side trying to sleep, 10 min for cleaning (I accomplished one goal), and 50 min for sealants. I never thought a kids tongue could be stronger than my arms and the four different objects that were holding it down. I realized today that I don't want to work in pediatrics. However, the kid told me that he would rather be sitting in my chair than in school, so I might have accomplished something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



lol first of all...I dont like kids (love my own but typically dont like others, haha) and second, pediatrics is not a fun place to be (worked in one for a year and believe me when I say BIRTH CONTROL) and third, your blog is so cute! I love the pic of you and Jenny...and thanks for including the one of YOU giving ME bunny ears! (or devil horns?) lol!!
ReplyDelete