Thursday, September 23, 2010

3 Quads of class II, 1 Quad of class III, and 4 Quads of Class V Exam

Today was the day that I needed to hurry and get my exams done.  I didn't think that I was going to get to that many done but I was happy to get some of my exams done.  With my first patient I was having difficulties with the staining on the anterior teeth and also the probing.  I was getting different measurements than Professor Alexander.  I think that probing is the most difficult thing for me because I feel like I am doing it right but always wonder if I am or not. 
My second patient had the strongest tongue, lips, and whatever else that was pushing out my instruments.  Every time I would try to put my mirror in his mouth he would push it out and tell me that he couldn't control it.  He would close his mouth while I was cleaning and it made it difficult to scale.  I could not believe that someone's lips could be so strong.  I used all the muscles I had to clean his teeth.  Then to top it all off he fell asleep and i had to continually tell him to wake up so that I could see inside his mouth.  I asked Dr. Hanson if there was anything that I cuold do and she told me that it is something that I will have to learn to do because there are many people that are a lot like him.  I really hope that I do not see that many in my career.  I don't think that I could handle that all day long. 
I was happy that I was able to do 2 sets of bitewings on both patients because I was afraid to do them.  I did not feel comfortable after being gone so long but they turned out perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment