I was really nervous for my first patient. I didn't know what I was going to do with an 83 year old Professor Bossenberger showed me how to do it and really helped me get the plaque off of his teeth in a more effecient and quicker way. but he was a great patient. He had a lot of recession on the anterior teeth that made it difficult to clean. I had to use my gracey's, first of all because the VA has horrible instruments and because it had the best shank to clean the anterior teeth.
My second patient was the best patient that I could have wished for. I struggled with her x-rays but was so excited to have her. She was the perfect BOARD patient. I could get some Board experience on this patient. She had the calculus, bone levels, and no restorations. I couldn't believe it and then the bad news came in the middle of the appointment. She had to leave to pick up her daughter and wouldn't be able to have her teeth cleaned. I think that was the hardest thing for me. I had done so much and couldn't get anything completed. I can't believe that someone else gets to clean her teeth after I did everything else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment