Thursday, September 2, 2010
first day back at WSU
I felt so scattered brained today it was ridiculous. My first patient was a class II patient and wasn't too difficult except for the fact that I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing. Like where the professor and I am supposed to sign. I really focused on the anterior teeth and learned from Prof. Perry a better way of getting off really thick calculus from the anterior teeth. He said to get underneath with the sickle scaler and use a tooth on the other side as a base to pry off the calculus. Kind of like a prybar. You want to pull off the calculus instead of going from underneath and pulling up. It was so much easier than what I was doing. My second patient was a little more difficult. She was a class V patient but she took me a long time to do. She had a lot of plaque on her teeth and staining due to the coffee and teas that she was drinking. I really did not want to bust out my ultrasonic but it was the one thing that would get off the stain. I have a lot to improve on when it comes to the ultrasonic. I really need to try and make the ultrasonic my friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment